Sunday 29 May 2011

Flare magic

Flares are everywhere this season. Available in a range of sweet colours they make for a great Summer wardrobe piece and help complete a huge range of different looks, from crazily free hippy individual (given a futuristic twist at Topshop Unique, main picture) to creating a casual albeit elegant silhouette (as seen as Etro and Blumarine).


Topshop Unique, Blumarine  x2, Pucci, Etro.

My instinct with them was to play it casual, that's what the essence of the free-flowing, loose and baggy trouser is to me... so I pulled out a crumpled beige pair which remind me so so much of the trousers worn by Belgian guys- Brussels is full of them.
 Proof that inspiration really can come from anywhere (for once Belgian men are practically style pioneers :P)

I transposed some of the following shots over shots from my trip to Brussels last Summer. The perfect trousers for Summer rain...

Parc de Bruxelles





























No comments:

Post a Comment